Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA?

3 posters

Go down

XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? Empty XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA?

Post by vmj51 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I was browsing around XNA Game Development topics and I encountered this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's called XNAnimation and it looks interesting because it was made using Microsoft XNA, in which XNALara and XPS is made from. I found their source code (which means it's open source) so maybe it can be interpolated into XNALara/XPS?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know programming is extremely difficult but my only intention is to provide information here for anyone who might find this interesting. With frame-by-frame animation support in XPS, it really is a step forward. Smile

Official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 27

Back to top Go down

XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? Empty Re: XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA?

Post by XNAaraL Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks, i thinks it is a good idea to make a new thread for XNALara/XPS Development.
I know the XNAnimation Library and also Skinning with Collada Models in XNA .

As 'XPS' was named 'XNA Lara -- araL', it was ​​based on 'Skinning with Collada'.
Now, XPS are like XNALara based on the Code by Dusan. Sad Unfortunately, Dusan dont use the class 'Mesh' from the XNA frame work. He has made his own class. He also dont use the XNA-Content pipeline to load the models. And Dusan has mixed XNA moduls with Microsoft-Forms parts.

Therefore XNALara / XPS is incompatible to all other XNA animation and posing programs and librarys. Sad

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? Empty Re: XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA?

Post by vmj51 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:35 pm

But XNALara is open source, is it not?
Is it possible to convert/change the original code so that other XNA programs to be compatible with XNALara?

Dusan's Own Format (DOF) saddens me. Sad
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:21 pm

You remember about DOF. Wow. Muy bien.
The DOF is not the problem. Now exists the "New Generic_ITem Format" (NGF) Smile

If you want to convert the original code (Redesign or Refactory) then you need some weeks to do this. Sure it is possible, but why ?

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Well I was thinking that by redesigning the code, a programmer can make other XNA programs compatible to XPS/XNALara. Therefore XNALara can be integrated into hundreds of compatible XNA programs, like XNAnimation.

I only know little of programming so I may be wrong in this concept...
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? Empty Lara's wardrobe

Post by XNAaraL Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:22 pm

vmj51 wrote:Well I was thinking that by redesigning the code, a programmer can make other XNA programs compatible to XPS/XNALara. Therefore XNALara can be integrated into hundreds of compatible XNA programs, like XNAnimation.

I only know little of programming so I may be wrong in this concept...

Sure, but i thinks nobody want this version. The Microsoft "content pipeline" means, if you compile the program, all models are hard coded inside the program.
You know, Dusan has made a new version for every new model.

With standard XNA "content pipeline", every modder has send me his model, and I have to make a new version to support this model Wink

BTW: AtlantiB's new idea:

You can rely on me honey. You can combine anything you want. I'll be around. You were right about the stars.

Cover version: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with lyrics text.

Lara's wardrobe:

- Load any character wearing underwear.
- If you now load any outfit, then this outfit are merged automatically to the character and follow his moves !
- No modding needed.

1. Load the base character, even with pose. This character has no hair and no hair bones
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? 1350754172-wardrobe-03-base

2a This is the hair mesh. Poseable with bones.
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? 1350754231-wardrobe-03-hair

2b Load this 'outfit', and 'Lara's wardrobe attach automatically the outfit to the latest character and merge the armature (skeleton).
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? 1350754260-wardrobe-03-base-hair

3b Load a necklace, weapons .... tshirt or jacket, ... shorts or pants ...
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? 1350755145-wardrobe-03-base-hair-necklace-blase

XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? Deluded_depths_by_tombraider4ever-d4cg21a
Credits:
Models by tombraider4ever, o0Crofty0o and vega82

Combine whatever and however you want.

Last edited by XNAaraL on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 am

That is an amazing idea! It automatically attaches itself to the body mesh?
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:11 am

Right.

I need only the logo images, then I can release Lara's Wardrobe

Does anybody have a idea?

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:29 am

Logo images?
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Right logos. This trade mark images exist since XNALara 8.9
- new logo -> new icon, new splash screen, new "About..." window
- it is also possible to automatically render the new logo into every saved image (there is a new checkbox in the "Save image..." window)

Logos like:
XNALaraAbout.png Resolution 360x120 pixel
XNALaraSplash.png Resolution 480x160 pixel
XNALaraWatermark.png Resolution 161x49 pixel

Logo Xna Posing Studio
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? Xna_fo10

Logo XNALara
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? 777_XNALaraSplash

Logo 'Lara's Wardrobe'
???

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by AtlantiB Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:38 pm

I did this one. dont like it so much
XNAnimation: Potential skeletal animation for XNA? A409390f9368
Wink please dont release it right now, read DA note Smile

AtlantiB
Administrator
Administrator

Male Сообщения : 373

http://xnalara.home-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks for the logo. I like it.

Next hours, I read my DA notes.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:26 am

I want to make a new logo for XPS and Lara's Wardrobe Very Happy
But I do not have time... Sad
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down