Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script!

3 posters

Go down

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! Empty Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script!

Post by vmj51 Tue May 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Hello everyone, I've tried my hand in mesh-modding but it seems that I get vertex doubles when I import any model into Blender 2.49b.

I use the ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 made by XNAaraL.

In Dusan's script I get no vertex doubles. How do I fix this? Thank you in advance. Smile

*I could not provide pictures because I lost my files Crying or Very sad
**I can't find the appropriate section to post, so I apologize if I posted the topic here.
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 27

Back to top Go down

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! Empty Re: Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script!

Post by XNAaraL Sun May 22, 2011 11:19 am

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! 127_Remove_Double

Set Limit to zero and hit the button "Rem Doubl"

In Dusan's script I get no vertex doubles
Would You Hold It Against Me?
RR this statement is wrong. The script by Dusan make exatly the same , only without bones Wink
You remember my wording? "The right translation for trick is a optical illusion."

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! Empty Re: Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script!

Post by vmj51 Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm sorry I meant Sephirostoy's scripts not Dusan's scripts. Sad

Would You Hold It Against Me?

Wink

BTW what do you mean that even when I use Dusan's script I still get doubles? Because from when I used my older scripts I don't get them, or at least I don't see them.

Anyway thanks very much for the solution! It works now. Smile
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

You dont see them. display the textures. Switch to the Edit mode and then back to the Object mode. Then you can recognize the double vertices.

BTW: Not against you, my friend.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 Thu May 26, 2011 3:08 am

So are you saying that getting vertex doubles with every .mesh.ascii import is inevitable? I have no choice but to manually remove the doubles at every part of the mesh?

I do not mean to offend but the process of removing the vertex doubles at every mesh part (hands, feet, etc.) is inconvenient. Sad

Still, since your scripts have generic_item support I have to use them for your tutorials. Smile
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Thu May 26, 2011 12:48 pm

No. I saying that vertex doubles are normal with the script made by Dusan and normal with the script extended by myself, because the doubles are necessary and usefull, if you want a perfect mesh Wink
I has explain this many times. Please read it to the forum. In the forum where you are moderator. Now you have enough experience to understand it. The whole confusion was caused by a single member who has insufficient experience. Wink

I have also explained this in detail for example here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dusan has confirmed here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can recognice the doubles [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also in this official rendering. And believe me, Eidos did not use my scripts. Smile Eidos has used Maya.

In the abstract:
Use Blender->EditMode->Select->Non-ManiFold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now you see the 'non-manifold' (double) vertices. Some of these you should not delete. Wherever in XNALara sharp edges are required, must be present duplicate vertices. Otherwise, the model look like this:

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! 2ykgd34

Dusan and I myself prefer high-quality models! That is why we have not added to our Importer a routine that automatically invoke: Remove ALL double vertices.
A algorithm that automatically decides where the model manufactor wants the model has sharp edges and where he want smooth edges, can not exists. Delete only the doubles, where a smooth transition is desired. The result:
Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! Nn7ktl
If you want a sharpe edge, then doubles are necessary !

Unfortunately for XNALara also double edges are required at the seams of the textures.
Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! 289y0z9
A single 3D point with 2 different texture coordinates. Each vertex in the .mesh format can only store a single UV_Koordinate. So two vertices with the same 3D coordinate and different UV coordinates are needed. ==> DoubleVertices are needet!
The problem is: Every time if you enter the EDIT MODE of Blender (or move a vertex): BLENDER calculated the Normals new. This calculation is faulty for texture seams. A work around is, remove only the doubles on the texture seams. ( Use the blender uv-editor) If you convert the file to the .mesh.ascii format, then every script (even the .obj exporter) duplicates the vertices at the seams again. A vertex contains the 3D coordinates and normals, which are necessary for the shading. Because these are duplicated, they are the same. So the mesh is smooth at this point.

You remember also "The cube competion" ?

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! 2pzekcoBlender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! 6gbo9j
Left side Without vertex doubles, the shading is wrong, the mesh looks ugly.
Middle With all required 'vertex doubles', the shading is fine, the mesh looks perfect.
Right side If you remove all vertex doubles, then the required doubles along the seams are created with smoothing and the shading is not perfect because this mesh needs sharp edges Wink

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:25 am

I see. Do you mean that I should only remove the doubles at the parts where I want to be smooth? And having vertex doubles means a higher quality mesh? Smile
vmj51
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by dantepkk Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm

how i downloud and instal the ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 on blender ? and converte mesh to obj format ? PLessse help me i have a mac so no xnlara

dantepkk
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

Blender Support: Vertex doubles with ImportMeshAsciiExtended V1.4 script! Empty Additionally tools -- Blender importer/exporter

Post by XNAaraL Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Version 1.4 are outdated long time ago. The latest version is 1.7 !

You can import a .mesh.ascii file into Blender directly using this ImportMeshAsciiExtendedV1-7.py import script. The tutorial, available in English, Русский, Español and Italiano, are here:

A converter from .mesh to .mesh.ascii is available only for Microsoft Windows.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down