Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XPS 12

2 posters

Go down

XPS 12 Empty XPS 12

Post by XNAaraL Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:48 am

WARNING!
There's a pirated XPS 12 version.
Don't download it! Do not use it!
The current XPS version is the one on "Core Design"!

About the pirated XPS 12 version.
  1. 17 Anti Virus engines detected this file as Malicious XPS 12 200627014651637958
  2. It is a unauthorized hack of my XPS 11.8.8 version. The person who has it uploaded got a takedown notice from me. His answer was "If he (real author) want, I remove this mod immediately." ... but he has not remove it. I have handed the matter over to my lawyer.
  3. It has enabled unstable "XPS 11.9 Pose Mode Edition" features that harm your poses and scenes and could possibly harm your computers

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

XPS 12 Empty Re: XPS 12

Post by Stargate38 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Thanks for the info. I always run online scans before using any program, and if it comes up as malicious (i.e. a bunch of positive results), I get rid of it.

EDIT: Is this why you haven't released the source code? If not, when are you ever going to open-source it?

Stargate38
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Why I haven't released the source code? Why I haven't released it as open source?

That's are two different questions ... but the same answer.

1. What is "Open Source" software?
    The internationally recognized Open Source Definition provides ten criteria that must be met for any software license, and the software distributed under that license, to be labeled "Open Source software" ( XPS do not fulfill all of these ten criteria ). Only software licensed under an OSI-approved Open Source license can be labeled "Open Source" software.
    Can I call my program "Open Source" even if I don't use an approved license?
    If you call it "Open Source" without using an approved license, you will confuse people. This is not merely a theoretical concern — we have seen this confusion happen in the past.

At least in europe, it is not possible to release a work into the public domain. The only thing you can do is to provide a license that says “you may treat this work as if it is in the public domain.” It’s still a license.

Imagine that I have created XPS, a work taking many hours of my time over 11 years.
    Because I want people to enjoy using it, I release it without limitation for users.

2.    Imagine that along comes EvilUser. He take XPS and add some stuff to it, just enough to make "his" version preferable. (Btw, this EvilUser has just enabled my unstable and unfinished XPS 11.9 features. What he says, writte or show us is just a fake ... currently it do not works) EvilUser make some changes. Like since 11 years, I add new features (like the new "XPS 11.9 Pose Mode Editon" posing system, pose format, scene format and model file format), and now the features and formats from both versions are forked. Scenes, models, poses ... made from one version stop working in the other version. For the XPS users the caos will start and the fun will ending. At least, nobody continue to add something usefull.

3.    Imagine that now
       along comes EvilCo. They take XPS and add some stuff to it, just enough to make their version preferable. They also make sure that files saved on the free XPS are not able to be shared with users of their EvilApp. Then they sell it for a high price.
       Every company buys EvilApp because buying products is what companies do. They think it is less risky, they want the extra features and they can afford it.
       Every company demands that files are sent to them in EvilApp format.
       Nobody can use the free XPS for serious work.

So EvilCo are profiting from my work and nobody is benefiting from my making it free.
People are going to steal them whatever I do but it would be nice if they credited me (and not would remove my name as author).

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum