Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seperating Joined parts on a mesh in blender

2 posters

Go down

Seperating Joined parts on a mesh in blender Empty Seperating Joined parts on a mesh in blender

Post by Clm8000 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 am

Hi im new here and hope im not posting in the wrong part of the forum. Ive actually been using XPS for the past 6 months and have just started to take a stab at using blender 2.49b recently. Ive got the hang of its basic features so far but I would like to know how do you separate joined parts on a model using blender? Heres whats going on, I want to combine one models torso with another models legs in XPS . There is a tutorial on how to do that on deviantart. Anyways, the problem is, on one of the models im using, when I attempt to disable her shoes in XPS's "Make Items Optional" feature, it disables her shirt as well. So I cant disable the shoes by themselves without it also disabling the shirt. Does this make sense what im trying to say? I guess the person who originally converted the model either accidentally joined the parts together or forgot to separate them. Can they be seperated in blender? Thank you Smile

Im using the latest version of XPS by the way if it matters ((XPS 10.9.3))

Clm8000
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 1

Back to top Go down

Seperating Joined parts on a mesh in blender Empty Re: Seperating Joined parts on a mesh in blender

Post by XNAaraL Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 am

Right, for this issue you need Blender.

Video made by our administrator: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
with russian, and english subtitles

Written original tutorial with my poor english: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Perfect english traslation on DeviantArt [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- But dont use "XPS-->File-->export selected as .mesh.ascii" -- Use always "XPS-->Modify-->Save_Generic==>.mesh.ascii" (Shortcut F11)

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down