Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to XNALara. How to add models from a download?

3 posters

Go down

New to XNALara. How to add models from a download? Empty New to XNALara. How to add models from a download?

Post by baycrum267 Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I just Installed(extracted from zip files) XNALara.
I have some models in zip folders I downloaded from the tomb raider forums. I
I extracted the data packs(I'm unsure of what to do with the utilities) where they are supposed to go but here is where I get confused.
I downloaded some ME3 models from there.

I've tried to do that with the banshee model and I put it in a folder I named it banshee. When I opened up XNALara it said something about needing a mesh file. Did it just not come with a mesh file or is there a generic mesh file I need to use.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this thread and if this question has already been answered before.

baycrum267
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

New to XNALara. How to add models from a download? Empty My crystal ball broke. :( So can you tell me what error message this is?

Post by XNAaraL Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am

Welcome to the forum.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.

Do not worry about it, if this is the right place or not. 'the tomb raider forums' have strict rules. This is a friendly place. Wink

Unfortunately, you have not mentioned what XNALara version you have installed.
Unfortunately, you have not mentioned the DL of the model. I know 'ME 3 Banshee' provided by alpha91, but the DL is down [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sad Therefore, I can not test it.
Unfortunately, you have not show the error message screen Sad

If you saw error messages then tell the programmer, carefully and precisely, what they were. They are important! At this stage, the programmer is not trying to fix the problem: they're just trying to find it. They need to know what has gone wrong, and those error messages are the computer's best effort to tell you that. Write the errors down if you have no other easy way to remember them, but it's not worth reporting that the program generated an error unless you can also report what exactly the error message was.

So I have to use my crystal ball.

The models should look good, therefore the models use the best available features. These newest features are not available in older versions of the XNALara software, like v9.7.8.
Always download the latest XNALara/XPS version.
The utilities are only usefull for modders which want to distribute models.

This here is the home forum of XNALara. You can find the latest version always here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] At this time, the latest XNALara are XPS 10.9.5 or the alpha version XPS 10.9.6a2 ! Use it.

Custom Models - unzip all models into the data folder.
The extract result contains a folder called XNALara_XPS\data this is the right place for the data packs.
Tutorial english by LaraRules81 here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am sure, the model by alpha91 and all other XNALara models works fine with XNALara/XPS 10.9.6a2

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

New to XNALara. How to add models from a download? Empty Re: New to XNALara. How to add models from a download?

Post by baycrum267 Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 pm

I use the XPS lastest version.
Sorry I could not put up the links(forum said I was not authorized to for 7 days) but I found the problem. And for not putting up enough information on the error. The pack didn't come with a file I found in models that did work called: GeMeshAsciiToBin.exe(I believe this was in the utilities). I also made a folder for each model(some reason when I extract the file it doesn't create a folder, it just puts all the files in the data folder). I put that file in the folder for Banshee and it worked, no error message. I guess I just needed to add that file manually.
I'm guessing I missed some tutorial on that or the person just forgot to add that file.
Thanks for trying to help anyways/

baycrum267
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

New to XNALara. How to add models from a download? Empty Re: New to XNALara. How to add models from a download?

Post by TankMan125 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 am

Okay! I dunno how to use it! I'm new, right? So, teach me HOW!!!

TankMan125
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 am

Hello,
you can find this informations here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
In this post is also a link to some beginner tutorials ... for example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How to add models from a download?

• download a model [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

•  ... for example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    • therfore press the button on the top/right side called " Download ZIP download, 16.9 MB"
    • Save the ZIP-Archive in any Folder

• Unpack the ZIP Archive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Invoke your windows Explorer by
    • Holding down the "Windows Key"
    • and press the key 'E'
    • Navigate to the downloaded ZIP archive
    • Make a double click to the ZIP file ... in my example the file called "xnalara_9_81_by_xnaaral-d41ogtl.zip"

• Copy the model folder into the XPS data folder "XNALara_XPS\data [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Page 4

• Select the Folder which is included in the downloaded archive with a "left mouse click" ... in my example the model Folder is called DG_Lara_Sedu_by_XNAaraL
    • Press Ctrl+C
    • Navigate to the XPS data folder with the name  XNALara_XPS\data
    • Press Ctrl+V

• Open the model with XPS [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 10

• Lauch XPS with a "double left mouse click" to the application XNALara_XPS/XNALara XPS.exe
    • Invoke the menu item File-->Add model(s) ...
    • Coose from the list a model ... in my example DG_Lara_Sedu_by_XNAaraL with a "left mouse button click"
    • Press the OK button to  add the model from the download to the scene

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down