Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble exporting from Blender!

2 posters

Go down

Having trouble exporting from Blender! Empty Having trouble exporting from Blender!

Post by GBS Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 am

I imported some character model from XNALara to Blender (2.49b) using XPS Save GenericItem. Then I edited the model a bit in the newer Blender and now I'm trying to export it again as  .mesh.ascii but I'm getting these errors:

Having trouble exporting from Blender! 3Wx9nzD

It says all those bones are missing but I know that's not really the case because I'm looking and playing with them right now in Blender. So all those bones are there and are named the same way they were when I imported them. But for some reason it says they're missing.

The other thing is it says "ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list"

Any idea how I can fix these issues? I have the correct Python 2.6, the correct Blender (2.49b) and the latest scrips for importing/exporting so I don't really know what I have to do more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GBS
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

Having trouble exporting from Blender! Empty Re: Having trouble exporting from Blender!

Post by GBS Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 am

Obviously the problem seems to be with "24 _arms_0.5_0_0" because it only lists bones missing for that specific Mesh Part. I don't know how it got disconnected from the bones or whatever. Maybe I did it by accident with a shortcut I'm not sure. But how do I make it so those bones are not missing from that Mesh Part? I'm pretty new with Blender and only know a bit about skinning/rigging and Python so I really don't know how to fix this.

I read somewhere that the "unused bones" could also be an issue and it was better to hide them and/or re-parent all the affected bones so that none of them are parented to an unused one. So I tried that. I switched the parent of "spin lower" and other bones from "unused waist" to "root". But I still get the same errors. So clearly the parents are not the real problem.

Please help before I go nuts lol.

GBS
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

Having trouble exporting from Blender! Empty Re: Having trouble exporting from Blender!

Post by XNAaraL Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 am

Hi,

24 _arms_0.5_0_0

The exporter script Export the Mesh Parts in dictionary order. Therefore try to save the Mesh Part "arms" at first. After the first error, the script stop working.

Missing bones:

Check please if your model contains multiple root joints, which are not allowed in XNALara/XPS.

"Unused" bones: Helper bones

Irrelevant. The prefix "unused" is only an instruction to "XPS" to hide  these joints  in the "Control Window".

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down