Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future.

3 posters

Go down

Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future. Empty Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future.

Post by AJD-262 Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:09 am

Keyboard Shortcuts:
The Y axis being on W is problematic with WASD controls on. A camera lock short cut is needed. A key close to the WASD keys would work. Z, X, Shift+ Z or Shift+X would work as long as they look free. Also NumPad0 dose not reset Move or Scale of a bone. Kind of odd. Shift+ NumPad0 to reset Bone Move would be good.

Lighting:
As a whole XNAlara seems dark. The obvious answer of just making the light brighter has the side effect of making lighter colors like skin tone and white clothing much brighter than they should be. Desert, beach and especially snow also get brighter real quick.

Maybe a Brightness slider can be added below Shadow Depth so excessive brightness can be removed?

Advanced Shadows:
All of the Advanced Shadows feels broken or incomplete. I've had no luck of making the work. I feel like could be simplified to work like lights do with

angle horizon
angle vertical
distance from center
shadow depth

Some other things may need to be added as well as I don't understand how the current Advanced Shadows work. Something to simplify or better explain how Advanced Shadows works is needed I feel.

Model options:
I remember reading here on the forum or maybe on DA about wanting to add option on how model are displayed and if they cast a shadow. I see some of this has been added in the Flags Dialog window but I think it could be improved by moving the settings to the material it self or by a new text .ini that is loaded with the model. What works with out breaking backwards compatibly with existing models is best.

"Idea 1": Adding numbers to the end of the current material. "0" means No, "1" means Yes. "2" means use what is check in Option. "2" only applies to Back Face Culling and Forced Culling.

Current material
3_Test_0.1_16_16

New material
3_Test_0.1_16_16_1_1_1_1

The four "_1" added to the end means that the model part always has Back Face Culling, Forced Culling, Cast Shadows, Receives Shadows.

"Idea 2": A new text .ini that is loaded if found. It will load setting from the .ini and apply them to the material. Again . "0" means No, "1" means Yes. "2" means use what is check in Option.

[3_Test_0.1_16_16]
BackFaceCulling=2
ForceCulling=2
Cast Shadows=1
ReceivesShadows=1

I do think "Idea 1" work best right now as it can work with current Blender export plug-in and XNAL right now can see the number added but doesn't know to use them for any thing but "Idea 2" may be more "future-proof" and work better as more keys can be added as needed. Maybe one day material can cast light so LightIntensity=, Light Radius= and LightColor= could be added.

Scene .ini
This idea for Scene to have and load .ini come from that I have found characters models and background models rarely seem to look right with the same lighting. To get around this I have to use and edit a light map or emissions map texture to dark or lighten models or Photoshop characters models onto background model. A .ini saved and loaded with the Scene may be able solve this.

"0" means No, "1" means Yes. "2" means use what the model's material has listed. Brightness=50 means the model at normal brightness. Brightness=30 would make the model darker and Brightness=70 would maker it brighter. Another may be UseLight=# this could let characters use Light 1 while background model could use Light 2 at a higher angle so the background model is brighter.

[TestCube]
BackFaceCulling=3
ForceCulling=3
Cast Shadows=3
ReceivesShadows=3
Brightness=50
UseLight=1

[TestCube2]
BackFaceCulling=3
ForceCulling=3
Cast Shadows=3
ReceivesShadows=3
Brightness=75
UseLight=2

I'm no coder and I understand this may not be possible but this kind of my wish list of things I would like in XNALara if possible one day. I'm also aware of the idea of change the current lighting system to be a lighting set up more like what I have seen in Blender and that would make most of what I listed obsolete.

AJD-262
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 11

Back to top Go down

Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future. Empty Re: Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future.

Post by Hikaru007 Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 pm

OK ive got something, how about move/resize XPS program if he trying search missing models?

Because if XPS cannot find some model, XPS stays at one place until seaching window are closed
I never trust default windows serach function and that why i prefer use Everything program but unmovable XPS cover view of results from Everything program.

Hikaru007
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 14

Back to top Go down

Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future. Empty Re: Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future.

Post by Hikaru007 Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:24 am

I've always wondered if it would be possible to move the Z X Y Axis off the scale with the arrow keys
I know that this can only be done by entering numbers.

Hikaru007
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikaru007 Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 am

How about this?

Turn Off display bones options from Config tab
I mean they can be turned off already, but there something strange.

I add first model while display bones options are OFF, and after add second model display options are ON again.

Hikaru007
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Ideas, Suggestion and Wish list for thing in the future. Empty I cannot reproduce this issue.

Post by XNAaraL Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 am

Hikaru007 wrote:How about this?

Turn Off display bones options from Config tab
I mean they can be turned off already, but there something strange.

I add first model while display bones options are OFF,  and after add second model display options are ON again.

I cannot reproduce this issue.

The most important point is the way to reproduce the bug. Otherwise, there's a very tiny chance that the bug will be fixed in the next releases.
Can you tell the steps to reproduce a bug?
Observe every step carefully. Look for similar defect or patterns. If the pattern is understood, it would be easier to identify the scenario and reproduce a bug. Write each and every step, including test data, system settings, screenshots, server logs, and other factors

What to do when I can't reproduce a bug?

If someone else claims they had discovered a bug, and I can't replicate it, obviously I ask them to replicate it. If they can't replicate it, then you try to replicate it. If you can't replicate it quickly, I ignore the issue.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down