Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler?

2 posters

Go down

I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler? Empty I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler?

Post by Soulslayerzx Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:04 am

Alright everyone, so I was trying to port Shaundi from Saints Row 3 into Gmod for a forum and I'm using Blender, so then all the uv coordinates were messed up or something, but when I applied the uv map onto the parts they were supposed to go to, it was really messed up. Each face took an identical portion of the uv texture and spammed it all over itself, making the mesh look like crap.

So after asking around at Blender forums/chats, they told me that .lwo uv importing was broken in blender 2.63, so I upgraded to 2.64 build( not official ), so it seems uv textures are just broken in that.

Anyways, my final step was to remake the uv maps by selecting mesh parts and hitting u>unwrap, and rearranging everything, the quality didn't change much even though I kept transforming parts. It look okay I guess, but it is really taking a while to texture the head without making it look strange. So I was looking for references on google on Shaundi and I saw someone had already made her on devian art, and I traced that picture to someone called XnaLara someone who models sexy girls and badass guys, something like that. I found the blog, but I wanted to know more about this person and how he/she had been able to model Shaundi???? I checked their file and the uv maps were exactly the same as they were originally. So I would be so happy if someone could tell me how xnaLara had been able to get these uv maps from how they looked like originally and been able to apply them onto the model.

This seems to be an advanced modeling forum, I think the owner/moderator is xnalara, not sure. But on some sr3 modding forums they have like no progress and after searching the internet for like 30 minutes, finally found a way to get textures/models from the game for Shaundi.

The model comes in ..lwo (light waved object) format, skeletons in .obj, and textures in .dds. Seeing how xnalara had gotten the texture to work in their default position was like a WOAH to me. Also, the mesh file seems foreign to me, something called .ascii and .mesh . Are they readable in Blender? That's what I'm used to using. Hopefully this is an active forum or I can get replies soon. =D Glad to meet you all.

Soulslayerzx
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler? Empty Re: I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler?

Post by XNAaraL Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 am

Hi,
XNALara / XPS is a program - not a person Smile
XNALara / XPS can read and write .mesh and .mesh.ascii files.

Blender
You can import and export .mesh.ascii files with Blender 2.49 using this converter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Exporter MeshAsciiExt Version 2.2, Importer MeshAsciiExt 1.7 -- by Dusan, sephirostoy and XNAaraL - required Python 2.62

.mesh.ascii Blender 2.57 importer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Dusan, sephirostoy, XNAaraL and FigureSculptor - Python 3.2
.mesh.ascii Blender 2.63 importer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Dusan, sephirostoy, XNAaraL and FigureSculptor - required Python 3.2

3ds Max
.mesh.ascii 3dsmax8 - 3dsmax2012 importer/exporter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by mariokart64n
Improved mesh.ascii 3dsmax8 - 3dsmax2012 importer/exporter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by sunnydavis
.mesh.ascii 3ds Max 2013 importer/exporter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by sunnydavis

BTW:

If the UV map are broken, then
- import the wavefront .OBJ file with correct UV map and the .lwo file with bone weights inside Blender.
- Then use the bone weight copy script to make the .obj poseable.
- Delete the .lwo mesh
- Make all layers visible and export the model as .mesh.ascii format.
The export script combine now the .lwo armature and the .obj mesh with bone weights as .mesh.ascii file.
- Load the .mesh.ascii with XPS-->Modify-->Load_Generic and save it with XPS-->Modify-->Save_Generic as .mesh file.

The Shaundi model from Saints Row: The Third ©️ Volition, Inc. ©️ THQ:
This model was converted to the XNALara program by a person called rexil: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He use mostly Noesis by Señor Casaroja's Engineering Oasis [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and my converter to port the models and ignore the warning "you may not distribute them."
For the Shaundi model, i things rexil has used the Noesis plugin by
howfie from XeNTaX forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

howfie:
While I have the option for cubemaps available to set in my code, I
don't use it for Saints Row Third. There are two very specific bitflags
for cubemaps and I only use one of them (DDSCAPS_COMPLEX and
DDSCAPS2_CUBEMAP). I generate valid DDS files; Irfanview loads them just
fine... I too also have the photoshop problem with the disc error, but
Rexil doesn't (that plugin is highly sensitive to the version/update of
photoshop you are using, there was a time where it did work for me but
one day it just stopped). And if you go to the Adobe forums they just
tell you shit like oh reinstall blah blah blah use scandisk etc. lol. I
have the latest updates for CS4. Next time, I am just going to pirate
photoshop like everybody else to have it work properly lol.

However,
the photoshop plugin is old, and in old versions of DDS,
DDSCAPS_COMPLEX is equal to DDS_SURFACE_FLAGS_CUBEMAP. So photoshop
might be treating DDSCAPS_COMPLEX to mean cubemap, which is wrong
(DDSCAPS_COMPLEX means more than one surface); DDS specification says
DDSCAPS_COMPLEX is required for mipmaps as well.

I'll look into
the exposure thing, now that you mention it... actually I can't; I
deleted the original texture files. For now try scanti's texture extractor
on the problem files and let me know if they are different. They
shouldn't, because shaundi's textures use the same format code as
grace's and shaundi's is fine. However, if scanti's loads grace's
textures fine let me know so I can check it out.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler? Empty Re: I'm new Lol Heard about XnaLara I think sexy modeler?

Post by Soulslayerzx Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Hm.. I'm not really sure what you're saying with copying data. Well, obj is for skeletons only and I don't think they have textures they're just invisible joints for animations and .lwo's are the actual models with no skeletons(Actual shaundi).

Do you have a skype/msn? If so please do tell, I doubt 1 answer/24 hours will help me much...

Soulslayerzx
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

Please ask rexil on XeNTaXhow he has manager to port the model.
The links are above.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down