Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work

2 posters

Go down

Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work  Empty Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work

Post by laracrofty Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi everyone I'm new, so a big hello, I am having trouble running this program and can't afford a new graphics card or pc Sad

My error says

No suitable graphics card found
could not find derect3d device that has direct 3d 9 level driver and supports pixel shader 1.1 or greater.
This program requires pixel shader 1.1 and vertex shader 1.1
Any idea how i can get it to work, is there an old version or a fix?
I red on an old thread about a fix for pixel shader and about old graphics card.
Can anyone help? I really want to use this software Sad
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Ali

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 10

Back to top Go down

Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work  Empty Re: Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work

Post by XNAaraL Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Every XNALara / XPS version need Pixel Shader 1.1 (DirectX 8.0) or greater.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Update your DirectX and graphic card driver.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Your hardware specs

• DirectX version
  • Graphics Card
  • Operating System

Thank You.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work  Empty Re: Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work

Post by laracrofty Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:50 pm

HI, how do I find that out? and does driver mean I need a new graphics card or is it something I can download? Dang I can't afford a new graphics card.

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm on xp and it says I have directx 9, it says I have the 3d thing enabled. I used to use poser 5 on my pc.
But don't have it anymore hm, dunno how to find out my graphics card.
I saw something that says VIA/S3G UNICHROME IGP

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Okay I rebooted my whole pc and realised while installing the xna it said about runtime installing but then it said it wasn't checked or autherised by windows so it didn't install or something.
So now instead of the error I got before It crashes and doesn't open, literally a message comes up and says about unexpected error or something and to send report or not.

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:05 pm

But now it has installed the directories at last I get the same error I did before. Damn it

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:51 pm

On XP you have first to install the .NET framework.
You can download this from Microsoft here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Next, install the XNA 3.0 framework:
XNAaraL wrote:
Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.0

Try this:

If you want, then you can test your system with this 2 tools: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
XNAaraL wrote:XNALara XPS is runable on windows xp, vista and Windows 7

Pixel shader and vecter shader problem, wont work  1345481771-w7

Download these two test programs: TestApps.zip
One of them requires/tests the .NET framework, the other requires/tests the XNA framework. Both programs should display a simple application window (or crash in case of a problem).
This way we can pin down whether the problem is with the .NET or XNA framework (or something else).

If this works, then download the XPS 11 demo This version use the .NET and the XNA framework. The XPS 11 demo need a graphic card witch supports pixel shader 3.0 and vertex shader 3.0 for the DOF effect.
XPS works also with shader 2.0 and use also some Windows System DLL's. The "XPS About dialog" show: My graphic card support Vertex Shader 3.0 and Pixel Shader 3.0 (VS_3_0. PS_3_0)

XP use normally DirectX 9.0c
This version support Vertex Shader 3.0 and Pixel schader 3.0.
You can check you DirectX version, the graphic card type and the driver on XP with this tutorial: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or follow the link in my latest post
How can I determine the version of DirectX I am running?"
How do I update DirectX?

Wink

The graphic card driver is a free software from your graphic card manufacturer . You can update the driver (which control the graphic card) with this tutorial: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Haya I had installed all the framework and xna one too.
My diags for directx says 9, I will have to use your test program, I can't find any update for my driver. I doubt I will be able to run xna Lara at all, unless you can get pixel shader somehow or update it, so for directx make vector an pixel shader work? Anyway I'll try out the test soon. If I got it to work it would be a miracle. Thanks for trying to help me? Will be amazing of we can make it work

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:23 am

when I press the test thing it doesn't do anything and so I'm getting nowhere still

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:13 am

So yeah the tests app wont work and my pc does say it has directx 10 now was 9 and my direct 3d is enabled so I have that, it doesn't make sense why it wont work Sad

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:11 pm

If TestDotNet.exe wont work, then you has not installed the right .NET framework !

If TestXNA.exe wont work, then you has not installed the right XNA framework !

Both do not required a specific pixel shader Wink

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

i downloaded version 3 of xna and 3 of framework after they failed i have tried many other versions. Looks like xnalara just will never work on my pc. I have tried everything to gwt it to work Sad

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by laracrofty Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Out of xna I have tried 3 and I have tried 2 and then with net I've tried 3 and 3.5 and 4
they all install so I bet it's never gunna work Sad

laracrofty
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down