Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blender to XNALara?

2 posters

Go down

Blender to XNALara? Empty Blender to XNALara?

Post by Vesper Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:26 pm

I have a Chris Redfield model that I took from XNALara and rendered in Blender (textures and such) and I'd like to export it back into XNALara to use now that I've edited it, but I have no idea how to do it.

I'm using the newest version of Blender.
I'm also a bit of a newbie with Blender, so if you could provide or direct me to a step-by-step tutorial, it would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Vesper
Vesper
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 4

http://kript0nics.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Blender to XNALara? Empty Re: Blender to XNALara?

Post by XNAaraL Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Blender 2.49
Blender to XNALara? EOO3o

Blender 2.65

• In Blender, make sure the Wavefront exporter add-on is active. Go to User preferences » Addons, search for “obj” and check the add-on if it’s inactive.
    Blender to XNALara? Captura-de-pantalla-2012-02-10-a-las-12.18.24-800x505

• In the 3D viewport select the objects you want to appear in your 3D preview and then go to the File menu and select Export » Wavefront .obj.
    Blender to XNALara? Captura-de-pantalla-2012-02-10-a-las-12.04.06-800x508

• In the export dialog check the export preferences below the navigation trees and make sure you select Selection Only and Include Normals. This makes sure no unneeded objects are exported and that smooth shading will work fine. Please keep an eye in the poly count, It’s very advisable you don’t export subsurfaced models because load times and RAM requirements sky-rocket pretty quickly when viewing the model in your browser, so unchecking Apply Modifiers is a good idea.
    Blender to XNALara? Captura-de-pantalla-2012-02-10-a-las-12.34.17-800x507

• Hit Export OBJ. Blender will generate two files, a .obj and a .mtl; we want both files. Copy all texture images inside the same folder. XNA required that.

Credits:
Love2Raid and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 am

Will that allow me to pose the now-rendered model in XNALara?
Vesper
Vesper
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 4

http://kript0nics.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am

No. The wavefront .OBJ file format is a static non poseable format. OBJ files do not support any armature, sceleton, animation or transformation.
No one has written an .mesh.ascii exporter to XNALara/XPS for the latest version of Blender.

If you want to modify poseable models, then for this issue, you need

• Blender version 2.49b
  • The latest Blender import/export scripts
  • The latest XPS to convert the files with Modify-->Save/Load GenericItem

You can find the tutorial inside the mesh-modding-on-line-courses thread here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The new part is: The old tool GeMeshAsciiToBin are outdated and integrated inside XPS since long time.

All necessary steps:

• Export the XNALara/XPS model for Blender with Modify-->Save GenericItem. Save the mesh inside a new folder.
    Blender to XNALara? 1349373398-002-savegeneric
    Mark the option "Save as Generic_Item.mesh.ascii ! The File are called Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
    Blender to XNALara? 1355821578-asmeshascii
  • Import this file to Blender with File-->Import-->MeshAsciiExt
    Blender to XNALara? 4t2h51
  • Make your modifications. Of course you can save the model now as .blend and make your modifications inside the latest Blender. The tutorial from our Administrator AtlantiB is here.
  • Export the model from Blender with File-->Export-->MeshAsciiExt with the file name extension .mesh.ascii -- for example Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
    Blender to XNALara? J7uhpj
  • Load the model inside XPS with Modify-->Load Generic_Item and select the file Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
    Blender to XNALara? 1340542841-01_OpenMesh
  • Convert the model with Modify-->Save GenericItem using the default settings.
    The default filename is xps. The file name extension is automatically .xps.
    Dont change this. Hit the OK button inside the SaveGenericDialog and press the Save button inside the SaveFileDialog.
    Blender to XNALara? 1355822418-asmesh

All in one:
Blender to XNALara? 2ll20sh

BTW: What exactly you means with "now-rendered"? You has "bake" Ambient Occlusion Maps ?

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down