Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why can't I open downloaded models? please help

3 posters

Go down

Why can't I open downloaded models? please help Empty Why can't I open downloaded models? please help

Post by javifg92 Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi. And sorry if I don't speak English well.

I recently downloaded this program to see 3d models. I have downloaded what is necessary and I have version 9.9 of xnalara (I have not found more versions to download)

I can use the program well with the models that are included, but when I put new xps models downloaded from deviantart in the 'data' folder, and click on 'add models' I get an error message that says:

warning!
Data folder "data \ (the name of the model)" contains no mesh file. Skipping

Do you know what I can do? I think it has happened to more people but I don't know what to do to fix it.

Thank you very much for your time!

javifg92
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 1

Back to top Go down

Why can't I open downloaded models? please help Empty Re: Why can't I open downloaded models? please help

Post by tsam Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Check the folder for the model itself. You're looking for something that says .mesh at the end. If it's not there but there's a .obj; go to the far right on the menu area and upload generic model, than once you're there, save all as .mesh and that should work. I think

tsam
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 1

Back to top Go down

Why can't I open downloaded models? please help Empty Re: Why can't I open downloaded models? please help

Post by XNAaraL Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:29 am

javifg92 wrote:Hi. And sorry if I don't speak English well.

I recently downloaded this program to see 3d models. I have downloaded what is necessary and I have version 9.9 of xnalara (I have not found more versions to download)

I can use the program well with the models that are included, but when I put new xps models downloaded from deviantart in the 'data' folder, and click on 'add models' I get an error message that says:

warning!

Do you know what I can do? I think it has happened to more people but I don't know what to do to fix it.

Thank you very much for your time!
tsam wrote:Check the folder for the model itself.  You're looking for something that says .mesh at the end.  If it's not there but there's a .obj; go to the far right on the menu area and upload generic model, than once you're there, save all as .mesh and that should work.  I think

Right, the
warning!

happened to more people, since ages:
History of XNALara and XPS wrote:Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

VictorXD wrote:
31-05-2009, 16:28
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And carbint, how do I make the fire appear on XNALara? It says it contains no mesh file!

linne_Ssuyl wrote:
08-08-2011, 19:03
Bonjour,
voila j'aimerai de l'aide, j'ai un modele que je lance dans XNALara et j'ai ce message "contains no mesh files" et je voudrais connaitre les etapes a faire pour creer ces mesh (j'ai telecharger blender).
si quelqu'un peut m'aider je lui serai reconnaissante

Witch_hunting wrote:
18-06-2012, 02:30
I recently downloaded a model via this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , but when I try to add it to XNALara, it says that it's missing a .mesh file, thus not being able to use it. How can I add a .mesh file, so that I can use the model?

amore-guy wrote:
01-02-2013, 22:00
Im sorry but it said "Data folder "data\LOL_Katarina_default\textures" contains no mesh file. Skipping...
Help?
and so forth

This "warning message" is normal. It is mostly because:

Carbin Tom wrote:
31-05-2009, 16:53
Everyone having problems with my Fire textures, they're 2D. They're not 3D, they don't go in XNALara/data, they're just flat textures only. There is no mesh. Hence 'File contains no mesh'. They're just for use outside of XNALara (or inside, if you're really good with flat 3D objects) Purely for photoshopping. They can't be used in XNALara at all. Hope this clears things up! Very Happy

Your issue is different! The source of your problem is:
javifg92 wrote:I have version 9.9 of XNALara
when I put new XPS models downloaded from ...
You get it?
You try to use XPS models with XNALara. That cannot works.

XNALara and XPS are two completely different applications, created by different programmers. XNALara models are compatible with XPS, but XPS models are not compatible with XNALara. XPS models use new features that are not included in XNALara.

What can you do?

Either use XPS (version 11.8.Cool, then you can load XNALara models as well you can load XPS models.

Or if you want to use XNALara (Version 9.9), you can only load the models made by Dusan from here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
!!!!!! No  model from Deviantart will works with XNALara !!!!!!!!!!! XNALara has a "Whitelist" of models "hard coded / wired" in XNALara. Whenever you try to load a model, which is not ported by Dusan, you get the warning!

tsam wrote:Check the folder for the model itself.  You're looking for something that says .mesh at the end.  If it's not there but there's a .obj; go to the far right on the menu area and upload generic model, than once you're there, save all as .mesh and that should work.  I think
No Sir.
Both apps,  XNALara and XPS, can load .obj models. XPS can even load poseable .obj models.

And besides, the program XNALara does not contain a function to convert .obj to .mesh. A new .mesh file would also be completely useless, because XNALara can only load and display a new model if a new program version of XNALara is developed for support it.

Examples:

• To support the new model (mesh Lara_Jungle_Heavy.mesh) it had required the new XNALara version 1.6 -- release 007 --> new outfit (jungle heavy)
  • To support the new model (mesh Lara_WetSuit.mesh) it had required the new XNALara version 1.7 -- release 008 --> new outfit (again): wetsuit
  • To support the new model (mesh Natla.mesh) it had required the new XNALara version 1.8 -- release 009 --> new character: Natla
  • To support the new model (mesh Doppelganger.mesh) it had required the new XNALara version 1.85 -- release 010 --> new character: Doppelganger
  • To support the new model (mesh Doppelganger.mesh) it had required the new XNALara version 2.0 -- release 011 --> new Dummy object (can be used as custom camera target)

If you therfore try to load the model with the name Doppelganger.mesh in XNALara version 1 (or v1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 ... 1.8), then you will get the warning "Data folder "data\doppelganger)" contains no mesh file. Skipping ..."

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down