Xna Posing Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8

+2
mjolnirs
XNAaraL
6 posters

Go down

Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Empty Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8

Post by XNAaraL Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:07 pm

New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8
EDIT: Version 8.8 are released. Thanks @all flower
No redistribution outside this forum allows!
DOWNLOAD Link: http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t170-xnalara-xna-posing-studio-latest-version  <--
-- I need your help. Please test the new features. If all works fine, then Dusan release it offical publicly. --

What is new  Question
You have extracted a character from a other game  Suspect  with Armature (bones)?  Sad
This modell are not in T-Bone pose? Or this modell a turned around to the backside? Or wrong size? Mad
No problem with version 8.8 !  cheers  

• Load the model into XNALara version 8.8
  • Pose it into T bone pose and change the size an rotation.  Exclamation
  • Export it with File-->Export selected as .mesh.ascii (posed) ...  rabbit
    Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 2ih1cvo
  • Change the bone names to XNALara convention with notepad.  tongue (Or wait for my nes program)
  • Convert it back to .mesh with GeMeshAsciiToBin.exe  Basketball
  • Now you can load any pose file and all looks fine  sunny

affraid

[size=18What is also possible?[/size]
You have ripped a static character without bones? In a action pose?
You have no know how about rigging and skinning? You want a poseable model for XNALara?
No problem with version 8.8 !  cheers  

• Load the model into XNALara version 8.8
  • Load a model with normal skeleton into XNALara (For example AOD_Lara by $AtlantiB$ - No TRU model , because this have hidden bones!)
  • Pose the AOD_Lara  into the same poseand size like the static model  Exclamation
  • Export the AOD_Lara with File-->Export selected as .mesh.ascii (posed) ...  rabbit
  • Import this Generic_Item.mesh.ascii into Blender. Deselect all (hotkey A), Use Select->AllByTypeMesh and hit <Ctrl><J> (Join). Now you have a perfect template.
  • Import the static model into Blender and choose Object->Scripts->BoneWeightCopy.
  • Select the AOD mesh and remove this with X
  • Export as Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
  • Convert it to .mesh with GeMeshAsciiToBin.exe  Basketball
  • change the now poseable character in T-Bone pose. See above drunken

BTW:
So now there are two separate commands in the menu:
Export selected as .mesh.ascii (T-pose)
and
Export selected as .mesh.ascii (posed)

And there's a new hotkey Shift+F11 for the export of the posed generic mesh (F11 exports a T-pose as before).
Please test this version. I have no time  Embarassed
Write a feedback here. Content:

• Which model have you tested
  • Wich What functionality do you have tested.
  • Result
  • Comments

-- I need your help. Please test the new features. If all works fine, then Dusan release this version offical. --

EDIT: All works fine now, thans again  flower  flower  flower  Dusan have released the version 8.8 and 8.85

Last edited by XNAaraL on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:04 am; edited 3 times in total

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 766

Back to top Go down

Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Empty Re: Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8

Post by mjolnirs Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:54 am

Tested: Export selected as .mesh.ascii (posed). Models: FF Fang by o0Crofty0o and Whiterfang by Sir Croft.
Reimporting after t-posing her arms, worked flawlessly. The result of loading a pose, after this is great (without this method, it looked pretty bad).
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 ExPu9

I've tried with another model (Heather by o0Crofty0o) and the posing result was not so good as the above, perhaps because I couldn't T-pose her right (tried like 4 times), or something weird about her armature?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model: Witherfang by Sir Croft. Before, the model was turned 180º and Blender gave me errors on importing, so I couldn't fix it. With this new Export selected as .mesh.ascii (posed), I did it , and also resize her, she looks happy about it.
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 5ZMIM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, last test: model from Lost Planet, ripped by? confused I dunno. Left: static .obj model, Right: posable model... doing a pose after the new method described by XNAaraL. Looks... crappy, but it was made a test only (took half an hour to do it) and, most important: I don't know SHIT about rigging/armatures Razz seriously, I really don't know. Now, if I, a 100% noob in rigging, could came up with something like this, in half an hour... just imagine what knowledgeable modders could came up with new version, this release has TONS of potential! affraid this'll be epic. No problems so far (prog crashed when I forgot to add a flat_bump tp the mesh, but that is normal I guess...) I'll keep testing tomorrow.
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 HYOqx
mjolnirs
mjolnirs
XNALara user
XNALara user

Male Сообщения : 56

Back to top Go down

Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Empty Re: Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8

Post by XNAaraL Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:59 am

Many many thanks for testing. Ans so many test's Very Happy Very Happy
I check Heather by o0Crofty0o this day. study Maybee this model have some hidden bones.

About the static model: I know "BoneWeightCopy" are only a basis for Weight-Painting by Hand. I know the result looks... crappy ;-) , but a chance for beginners and postprocessing with photoshop are possible.

BTW: Change the height (distance to the ground) are only possible, if here are a extra bone as child of the "root bone", but you can use notepad and set "0 -0.5 0" for the root bone for more height.

Thanks for testing. I love you I love you I love you Very Happy
Un abrazo

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Raid Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 pm

WOW, this is really cool!!! Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Icon_eek Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Icon_eek Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Icon_eek

I´ll see if I can test some things. Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Icon_basketball
Love2Raid
Love2Raid
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by mjolnirs Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:46 am

Last test with the same method described by XNAaraL. Model Vanessa from P.N.03 ripped by? confused static model maked posable in two hours. The .obj was already in T-pose, but this method helped me (a 100% ignorant in riggin) to make a more precise approach, by locating the bones the better I could and exporting the pose. Making models possables, is now a reality even for noobs like me! cheers (yes I'm happy lol)

is not perfect, and I haven't touched the textures, but as you can see, it's a pretty acceptable result.
Pose: Perfect pointing by Rolanda_141
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Test2p

unfortunately, the facial rig result was not as good... but for that you MUST learn how to rigg, I guess. This new version is made of awesome, but ...is not magic of course.
mjolnirs
mjolnirs
XNALara user
XNALara user

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Raid Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 pm

OMG OMG how did you do that?! Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Icon_eek Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Fresse
Love2Raid
Love2Raid
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by mjolnirs Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Just using XNAaraL method: I switched between move and rotate mode to place the bones the closest to the static mesh as possible, then exported the model as pose, then followed all the steps described in the first post, and voila! Smile And I must correct my last post: this new release is not magic... but is pretty damn similar, I'm loving it.
mjolnirs
mjolnirs
XNALara user
XNALara user

Back to top Go down

Post by xXBecketXx Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:59 am

XNAaraL wrote:Many many thanks for testing. Ans so many test's Very Happy Very Happy
I check Heather by o0Crofty0o this day. study Maybee this model have some hidden bones.

Well she has some ''unused blahblah'' bones but Fang has them too so i don't think that's the problem Wink
xXBecketXx
xXBecketXx
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 6

http://o0crofty0o.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks. What is the problem by Heather? Have you a idea?

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2Raid Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:40 pm

I have been trying some small things and I already love it! cheers

For example, you can change any body part (for example hair) in XNALara (by posing), save it, convert, and it will be like that forever without the need of Blender or changing the armature etc. It's great!

Edit:

I tested most 'basic' features, like posing, lighting and saving images, it all works fine. rabbit

I'm going to try to make something poseable now (thanks Mjolnirs Very Happy).
Love2Raid
Love2Raid
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:14 am

Love2Raid wrote:For example, you can change any body part (for example hair) in XNALara (by posing), save it, convert, and it will be like that forever without the need of Blender or changing the armature etc. It's great!
Thanks. Precisely for these actions, the new extensions have been developed. :-)

Love2Raid wrote:I tested most 'basic' features, like posing, lighting and saving images, it all works fine.
I am sure the extensions have no side effects on the previous functions. However, this needs to be tested. Thank you. XNALara is mainly to the creating render and we must as modders take care that these functions are not bothered by our desires. My tests were all successful. I not implement an additional feature and ask Dusan to confirm the official release.
Thanks for all the help cheers

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolanda_141 Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:09 am

Export as Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
Blender exports only a skeleton (without mesh - ex-OBJmodel). What's my error?
Rolanda_141
Rolanda_141
XNALara user
XNALara user

Female Сообщения : 82

http://hailsatana.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 pm

You must hit the File-->Export->MeshAsciiExt menu item
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 Vneefd_tn
https://2img.net/h/oi55.tinypic.com/vneefd.jpg

and

on this time the mesh and the armature must be shown on the display.
Have you any errors or warnings? Maybee "nSkipping mesh XXX (non-triangular faces)." ? If so, then use for this mesh part Ctrl+T (Mesh-->Faces-->Convert_Quads_to_Triangles)

Last edited by XNAaraL on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolanda_141 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:26 pm

I understood - that time I took "wrong" OBJ-model (ex-SMB instead of BFM+SKB)
Now all works fine...
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 F503f5cc9389t
...but what is it?
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 4bb934a1ac05
Rolanda_141
Rolanda_141
XNALara user
XNALara user

Female Сообщения : 82

http://hailsatana.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 am

Rolanda_141 wrote:What is it?
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 4bb934a1ac05

This is the limit by the XNA framework. This mesh part is connected with to many bones :-(
Split the mesh part in to or more pices. Select the faces and hit the key Parent. Switch to the object mode and rename the new part in the Tab "Link and Materials" field "OB:5_severin_0.1_0_0.001" to some thing like 5_severin2_0.1_0_0

BTW: Using of 7_ (with shading and alpha) is better then 5_ (shadless). Decrement in this case the brightness by 1 tick)

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:10 pm

[quote=kidzi14]
(After seeing that) Do you know any shortcut key to go for that option?
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 My_screen_capture_by_kidzi14-d58wfca
[/quote]

There is no shortcut for running a Blender script.
You can do:

Resize the 3D Window:
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 1343412295-resize-window

OR
Run the script from Text-Editor window:

1. Open a Text Editor Window
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 1343412374-01-switchtotexteditor

2. Invoke 'Open Script'
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 1343412387-02-openscript

3. Choose the mesh_boneweight_copy.py script
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 1343412403-03-choose-mesh-boneweight-copy

4. Run the script with Alt+P
Only for Modder - New Pre-Version XNALara 8.8 1343412424-04-run-script

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sariku Nezume Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm

I can't seem to download the program. I keep getting a file does not exist message.

Sariku Nezume
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:00 am

Sariku Nezume wrote:I can't seem to download the program. I keep getting a file does not exist message.
Laughing
This version is outdated since more than 4 years !

You can find, the latest version, always ont this place http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t170-xnalara-xna-posing-studio-latest-version ... or as mirror on DeviantArt http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/ Exclamation

BTW:
You can find here http://bstylez.deviantart.com/art/How-to-mesh-marie-rose-outfit-479355771 a amazing tutorial "How to use the Shift+F11" feature. I love you

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down